“I look at you, and I’m home. There is no one else in this world that I feel both comfortable and nervous around, but still feel good about myself. Everyone is either one or the other, and I don’t let people see me the way you do.”—
WE NEED FEMINISM BECAUSE WHEN LANCE ARMSTRONG GOT CANCER AND LOST A TESTICLE IT WAS ALL ABOUT HIS HEALTH AND HOW INSPIRATIONAL HE WAS BUT WHEN ANGELINA JOLIE GETS A DOUBLE MASTECTOMY TO PREVENT HERSELF FROM GETTING CANCER, IT’S ALL ABOUT HOW SHE WON’T BE A SEX SYMBOL ANYMORE AND HOW MEN ARE OFFENDED CAUSE SHE WON’T BE AN OBJECT FOR THEM
I’m pretty sure I reblog this already but this need to be reblog again
1. please be gentle. rough hands and smoldering words from a life of hardship have already worn her down more than you’ll ever fully understand.
2. please be patient. some days you will open your eyes to start the day, and you won’t even recognize that girl you’re waking up next to. but i promise she’s still there. give her some time, she’ll come back to you eventually.
3. please be kind. she’ll scream at you that she can’t do this, that you’re going to leave like everyone else. she’ll yell hurtful thoughts at random just to test you, just to see if you’ll stay. but do no recuperate these spiteful words. grab her by the hands, look her in the eyes, and tell her you love her.
4. please be spontaneous. wake her up at 2 am and take her to the ocean. lay a blanket on the sand, light some candles, turn on her favorite song, and look at the stars. she’s always been a hopeless romantic.
5. please love her. i know it’ll be hard, because she’s stubborn, and difficult, and on some days she’ll make you want to pull all of your hair out. but for every day that’s hard, i promise she’ll give you a months worth of days that’ll make it all worth it. so stay, because you’re being given an opportunity that i thought i would have forever.
why do people assume birth control is only for women wanting to have sex/unprotected sex? birth control regulates menstruation for women with irregular periods or problems like anemia, birth control helps with cramps, it helps with other hormone related things like acne, and it helps women with endometriosis, which if left untreated can cause infertility?
why do you use the debate over birth control as a way to slut shame women?
Sometimes I really don’t feel like existing like not in a suicidal way but I just wish there was a way of pausing life so that I could sleep for a few weeks and figure some stuff out and then not have to feel guilty for missing loads of stuff because really no time had passed at all